James Lucas Professional Experience
Senior Associate, Graphics: 2005–2014
Mondrian Investment Partners, Ltd., Philadelphia, PA
International investment firm managing $64 billion in assets for global institutional client base.
- Consult with company and departmental leaders and other internal stakeholders to assess project requirements; develop campaign strategies, budgets, and timelines to meet objectives.
- Effectively collaborate with in-house team of 6 designers to direct multiple projects simultaneously and ensure consistency of branding and strategy across all designs.
- Create sales books and presentations to support client service officers to present and potential clients and drive business expansion. Increased sales by 170% over seven years.
- Earned reputation for ability to work effectively in high-pressure, fast-paced environment.
- Streamlined workflow and increased productivity by generating technology-based solutions to challenges; created Excel, Word, and xData scripts to automate correction process for repeating errors.
- Used xData at Mondiran Investment Partners to increase speed and lower mistakes on sales presentations saving the company $100,000 a year in employee costs.
- Help coworkers understand process of producing books to increase productivity.
Consulting Graphic Designer: 1999–2005
Recruited by major technology and financial management companies including Panasonic, Dow Jones, MetLife, Bloomberg, The Wiz, and Merrill Lynch to provide graphic design expertise.
- Strong visual-thinker with ability to realize esthetic designs across mediums; provided creative solutions for Panasonic, handling all internal graphic needs from concept through delivery.
- Played key role in optimizing layout for Wall Street Journal; utilized expertise in composition and electronic pre-press processes to create and test scripts, which decreased layout time of newspaper.
Design Coordinator: 1996–1999
Quick & Reilly, Inc., New York, NY
Major provider of asset management and financial consulting services.
- Independently oversaw development and execution of internal and external design projects by creating direct mail campaigns, and collateral print. Saved company $180,000 over three years.